|Great Falls Youth Rugby can now provide your child with a fun and challenging weeklong camp.
The Campers will be provided with a unique training experience that is demanding and effective.
Our Rugby Camps cater to kids in the 5-14 ** year old range.
These camps are NON-CONTACT.**
The Campers practice and play a form of touch rugby (2-hand touch around the waist). It is a fun, safe team game that
develops a range of ball handling, running and evasion skills. Most importantly, the participants learn the core values
of rugby (and life!): the importance of teamwork,
respect for opponents, referees and coaches,
which is generated through honesty and fair play. And the camaraderie!
The kids learn to work together in close-knit situations, and friendships are bonded in no time!
Our coaches: all our coaches hold USA Rugby certification and have played rugby at college and/or club level, some in
so-called 'tier-one' rugby-playing countries. All are excited to pass on thier experience to your children.
|CAMPS FORMING NOW!
|COED, AGES 5-14**
|LEARN CORE VALUES
|FUN AND SAFE
** We are flexible. If you have kids transitioning from tag to tackle, or if some skills need reinforcement;
we will arrange TACKLE/CONTACT clinics (rucks/mauls etc) and/or one-on-one training. Send over an email if you are interested.
Email Gary Coetzee or call at 703.216-5323
Great Falls camps: Leo Santaballa Field, behind the library located at 9830 Georgetown Pike, Great Falls VA 222066
Reston Camps: RCC, 2310 Colts Neck Rd., Reston VA 20191-Hunters Woods. The Reston camps are offered at the Reston Community Centers' facilities,
and you must register through their service. See below.
Falls Church camp: George Mason HS, 7124 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church = SW corner of campus. This camp is offered by Falls Church and you must register though their
website. See below.
Membership to USA Rugby with Liability and Accident insurance included
THIS YEAR: additional sleep-over camping Rugby Camps! Friday afternoon to Sunday Midday
See details below.
- All experience levels, boys and girls. Mouth guard, cleats, water
- Passing, Kicking, Spacing, Evasion, Field Position.
- We will open/expand according to demand (age range & skills including contact/tackle clinics, one-on-one at your convenience).
- Cost for Great Falls Camps: $160.00. Registration here.
- Cost for Reston Camps: $80.00 (Reston resident) otherwise $160.00.
The morning 6-8 yr old Session# is 902049-8A and the afternoon 9-12 yr old Session# is 901314-8A.
The Reston camp is only 3 days and is run on a smaller field. This course focuses more on skills.
for full-on scrimmages.
- Cost for Falls Church Camp: $160.00. Registration here.
Search for "rugby" or Activity# 381227-E.
Daily Camp dates:
- Reston: July 5-7, 9am to NOON, 6-8 years old,
- Reston: July 5-7, 1-4pm, 9-12 years old
- Great Falls: June 26-30, 9am to NOON
- Falls Church: July 24-28, 9am to NOON
- Great Falls: July 31-Aug 4, 9am to NOON
- Friday afternoon to Sunday Midday at Lake Fairfax camping
- Campers work together to prepare their own campfire meals and clean-up
- Night-time rugby video viewing, and movies
- Rowing regattas on the lake, tug-o-war and other team building activities
- And a lot of rugby! :)
- Cost for sleepover camp including all meals and activities: $285.00
Sleep-over Camp dates:
- Reston/Lake Fairfax Park: Friday July 7th 4pm to Sunday 9th noon
- Reston: tbd
Great Falls Youth Rugby: we strive to build a true rugby culture in Northern Virginia, player by player,
providing a traditional rugby experience to boys and girls of all ages. We offer a safe environment for your children to learn
a fun sport, and gain personal development though the core values of rugby (and life!): Teamwork, Respect, Discipline,
Integrity; Leadership and Camaraderie! All this while improving Conditioning, Decision- Making, Hand/eye coordination,
Technique & Safety .. This is RUGBY!!
Learn more about our season-long activities and leagues